Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year 2009

I am been a terrible blogger. I have not updated my blog for ages. Anyways, wishing everyone a very happy 2009. Nity and Leigh got their BFP recently - I am very very happy for them. Hope everyone else gets their wishes fulfilled this year.

About me, it is hard to believe I am already in my 2nd trimester. In fact, tomorrow is the first day of my fifth month. I am still nauseous (who said nausea goes away after first trimester) and recently starting getting heartburn. I am taking insulin four times a day now and so my day is pretty much filled with taking insulin, doing blood tests, walking after breakfast, lunch and dinner and having something to eat every two hours. I think God is preparing me for life with twins :).

Remember my initial post about a friend who conceived her second child in the first month? Well I came to know that her sister had fertility problems. She had four IVFs but had miscarriages every time. Finally, she had to take the help of a surrogate mother. Her son is now more than one year old.

Also, if anyone who reads this blog has twins, I would love to hear any tips/suggestions on taking care of twins....

5 comments:

karen said...

hi, i dont have twins myself but i looked after twin girls full time when they were 16mo until 2.5yrs. i obviously dont have any advice for when their babies, just wanted to say good luck with your babes, i think twins are wonderful. they have such a special bond and always have someone to play with. congratulations on your pregnancy:)

Evergreen said...

I'm so glad you updated - I was a little worried that you'd been quiet for so long. I'm glad things are going well - a lot of work, yes, but sounds like overall it's working well.

Dora said...

Also glad to see an update.

2nd trimester! Wow! Do you know whether they're boys or girls yet?

I Believe in Miracles said...

I hear you need to have a schedule and be organized, but I don't have any experience personally.

You can post the question on L&F for feedback. I'm sure you'd get lots of tips.

Thanks for the shout out! Sorry you're still not feeling great.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Debbie, I also want to know what they are - boys or girls? Are you still terrified?

I still have the complete and utter exhaustion and a super-strong sense of smell (especially for bad things like oil). DH bought doughnuts and I said "take that OIL away from me" - that's all I could smell!