Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Egg Retrieval Day

I had my egg retrieval today at 10:45am. I had to trigger with Ovidrel Monday at 10:45pm and my DH had to take Levaquin Monday and yesterday. I also took an antibiotic called Doxycycline yesterday and I have to continue taking that till it gets over. I went to the clinic around 10 am and had to change into a gown. Then the nurse took my temperature and blood pressure and put the IV. She put something first which stuck like a bee and then she put the IV in. The anesthesiologist came and asked me some questions and then I said bye to my DH and walked to the OR. I just remember lying down and having an oxygen mask put in.

Anyways, the doctor came and told that they retrieved 8 eggs. She told they figured out why my right ovary is not making many eggs. It is very close to the uterus and there might be some scarring in the right ovary. She said it looks hopeful. I know 8 eggs is not a good number but I am hoping the eggs are of good quality and some fertilize.
We will know more tomorrow.

On another note, I wanted to thank my sweet friend Nity for tagging me. Here are the rules:

Rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Write 7 random things about yourself
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and link to them
4. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog

I am done with Rule #1. So here goes Rule #2:

1) I do not like waking up with the alarm clock and I am not a morning person. If I set the alarm to get up early someday, I get up several times in the night to check the time.

2) I love chocolates. I do not know what I will do if I have to give up chocolates.

3) My DH looks very young. Though he is 32, he looks like 21/22. In fact, he regularly gets asked by bartenders to show his ID.

4) I love drinking water. I was asked not to drink anything from midnight yesterday because of the egg retrieval and I was very worried. But yesterday I drank gallons of water till midnight and I was fine.

5) My DH and I weigh the same (138 lbs) though he is 6 inches taller than me :(.

6) I am an only child. This is compensated by my DH's large family (5 siblings) :).

7) I have lots of wavy hair which lot of people like. However, I find it very difficult to manage and I wish I had straight manageable hair.

Okay, now to rule #3. Here it goes: Sarah, Leigh,Cathleen, Hannah, Melanie,Evergreen baby

I leave it up to you whether you want to play or not.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Eight is a wonderful number! Can't wait to hear how many fertilize!

Your DH weighs 138 and is five inches taller than you?!? I would KILL be to 138! Your hubby must be one thin guy...maybe that is why he looks so young! :)

thanks for the tag! I will try to think of seven things about me that haven't already been on the blog...

I Believe in Miracles said...

Yeah for 8 eggs!!! Praying for their viability and fertilization. During my IUIs they told me -- all we need is one: one egg, one sperm. That's all we need. Course never got that, but hey, I think it's true too.

Thanks for doing the tag. 5 would drive me insane. That is my ideal goal weight, but definitely not there yet. I'm an only child too!

**HUGS**

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I did the tag - come look :)