Saturday, September 6, 2008

Irony of Life

Today I got my medicines. I will take my last BCP on Sunday and go for baseline ultrasound on Monday. The doctor put me on an Antagon Protocol as she saw less eggs in my ovary for someone my edge. Also, my FSH was not too good this time 9.5. My FSH had been tested twice before and it was less than 5 both times. So maybe my ovaries are aging. I am hoping that at least one of my eggs is of good quality though.

We also learned today that one of our best friends is expecting their second baby. They do not know about our IF though. We called them up for something and they said they are 14 weeks. They found out about the pregnancy the last time we met them for a 10K walk and they had been only trying for 2 weeks before that. After I kept down the phone, I knew I am not ready to tell them about our IF or meet them for some time now. We have been trying for almost two years now and they have been for 2 weeks. I feel like laughing and crying at the same time at the irony of it all.

1 comment:

I Believe in Miracles said...

I hope everything goes well for you this cycle.

It's always hard to learn friends have been trying for short periods of time. My friend tried for 5 months, and just had her baby recently. They're not planning on going on BCP because 5 months was a long time... and we started trying months before she did. The thing that's hard, is that we would gladly trade places with them...

**HUGS**