Tuesday, September 16, 2008

U/S #1

Today I went for my first ultrasound after I started stimming. There are 3 follicles in my right ovary and 2 in my left. Looks like I am not very good at egg production. Anyways, my nurse case manager called up just now and she said that I have to start taking 300 units of gonal-f in the morning as well. She is going to order some more medicine for me and I have to go again on Thursday to see how my follicles are doing.

Strangely enough, I am not feeling so sad today as I did when I went for the baseline ultrasound. From reading all the other blogs I have realized that even if I have a lot of eggs, I may not become pregnant and even if I get a BFP, things might not work out later. So I cannot keep on obsessing about IF and getting stressed about everything that happens in this IVF cycle. I am fortunate enough to have loving parents, excellent relatives and the greatest husband in the world. I will be grateful if I can become a mother but I am thankful for what I have right now. I do not know what I will say later in this journey but right now I am trying to appreciate what I have.

1 comment:

I Believe in Miracles said...

What a great attitude and way to look at things. I hope I can be as positive this next month too.