Tuesday, September 30, 2008

2 Blastocysts transferred

Yesterday we went to our clinic for my 5 day blastocyst transfer. My RE came with a photo of 3 embryos that made it to blastocyst stage. They transferred the better-looking 2 blasts. We had lunch and then I went straight for acupuncture. Then we came back home and I took rest for the remainder of the day.

My RE called me up just now and said that the remaining blastocyst was still growing but it was not of a good quality and so they are not freezing it. Honestly, I am disappointed. I am now concerned about the quality of the embryos that were transferred. Looks like I have low quantity as well as quality. I am feeling very hopeful the day I learnt all the eggs fertilized. Now I am skeptical about the outcome of this IVF. DH and I had discussed we will probably go for 2 or max 3 IVFs and then move on. So this is the beginning of the end of our journey. I am scared about what the future will hold for us.

3 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Debbie, think positive thoughts. I'm praying for you and for all of us....

I Believe in Miracles said...

I think setting a deadline is a good thing. One of my friends who went through various IVFs over a course of 5 years suggested that.

I'll be praying for you and the little embryos.

**HUGS**

Sarah said...

Two five day blasts are great!!! I am thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed. Try not to worry to much...almost impossible I really do know...