Friday, September 19, 2008

Green Signal for Ganirelix

Yesterday I went for my second ultrasound. They saw 8 follicles measuring between 9 and 11 and the lining was 7. The nurse called me up and asked me to stay on the same medication dosage and start Ganirelix from today. Tomorrow I have to go for another ultrasound and bloodwork and monday I have to go for my pre-op. I will also have a consult with an RE at my clinic. My regular RE will not be there so this will be a different doctor. He did one of my IUIs though and he seems to be nice and friendly. He will tell me whether I stop Menopur and Gonal-F from Monday or Tuesday. I also had to get extra Gonal-F because I do not have enough for Monday.Fortunately, my insurance is covering IVF and the medications this time. But if it does not work, next time we have to pay out of our own pocket.

We are planning to go for the Monterey Jazz Festival tomorrow. We have to carry the medicines though and give the shots in the car. But we are looking forward to some great music tomorrow.

1 comment:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Hope you enjoyed some great music!! How's all the shots going?

Oh -- I tagged you. See my blog for details. :o)