Saturday, September 13, 2008

Started Stimming

I started taking 300 IU of Gonal-F and 75 IU of Menopur from yesterday. My DH is giving me the shots. Today was much better than yesterday. We discovered it is much better to get the needles in and out quickly. Also, you should wipe the area where you want to inject with alcohol and wait for it to dry off. Yesterday he did it slowly and there was one-two drops of blood. Today nothing. I am following an antagon protocol and so no Lupron for me. I will go for an ultrasound on tuesday to see how things are coming along.

Following an antagon protocol was a bit of bad news. It was supposed to be Lupron. But my FSH was a little high (9.5) this time and the doctor said she saw less eggs than normal for women my age(I am 32). Not good news. But hopefully I still have a few good eggs.

I am feeling apprehensive about this cycle. For my 3 IUIs I had mature 2-3 follicles, my hubby had excellent sperm. Nothing happened. So I am scared. What if this does not work?

1 comment:

I Believe in Miracles said...

I might need advice on giving shots when the time comes.

We always have to go under the assumption that this might work... you need to have hope. Hope is what can sustain us through this journey. At least, that's what I think.

**HUGS**